Four years have cruised by and Melonade has reached a landmark fifth birthday in its 2015 edition. Our baby steps have gradually gained confidence and we are now striding strong just ahead of Melonade’5 – A Nationwide Writing Competition, our annual flagship initiative, a 2 months long Writing Marathon! Writersmelon is a platform for bloggers, writers and readers in equal measures. Hence we broadened the scope to acknowledge quality writing. Flash fictions (600 words) in the first few editions have been now replaced by short stories (3000 – 5000 words) for your reading pleasure.
So here we are, launching Melonade’5 with much anticipation, hope and aspiration of reading some great stories that are Inspired from Life! Because, life makes the best stories and fiction also has its seeds in reality. So, brush your keyboards and start typing the most amazing story you’ve ever known.
Follow these basic rules and send us your words to: [email protected]
1. Choose any of the three genres – Romance/Comedy/Drama
2. Stories should be fictionalised (inspired from life). Try to make them a little interesting instead of bland notes.
3. Word limit – 3000-5000 words strictly.
4. Subject Line – ‘Melonade 5’: Genre (Romance/Drama/Comedy).
5. Mail Body : Brief author bio – Name, Facebook/Twitter id, Blog link (if any) and line or two about yourself.
6. Stories should be in the email as an attachment – MS Word. Please don’t send PDFs.
7. Submission open from Feb 15 – April 15 May 15th.
Happy Writing! Hope to see you on the other side of the results as a winner.