Presenting ladies and gentleman , our first book.
Selected short stories from Melonade – A nationwide writing competition by writersmelon.com
Why read this?
The spine chilling tale of Tina and her obsession with Uncle Joe. Graham, Daniel their friendship, life and death. Vampires, guardians adventures at night. Coffee, love and a new couple. Imli and her mother in a complex web of darkness. A small town girl confused about virginity. Michael Jaikishen and his writing endeavours. Child adoption by a gay couple. The epic Mahabharat re written in our own premises. A juicy love story by our guest author Sujata Parashar These and many other unputdownable stories in this book. First brush on the canvas, is a collection of 14 short stories by new authors who have put down compelling stories that are worth telling the world. The book is an outcome of thousands of stories received every year for Melonade – A nationwide writing competition conducted by writersmelon.com & judged by some immensely popular & best selling authors in India. This book celebrates the very special feeling of doing something for the ‘first time’ & aims at spreading the love for reading books & encouraging more writers to tell their stories & get published.
- Uttiya Roy– Nourished with Bangla literature, he aspires to change the world someday writing in English.
- Vikrant Shetty– Who says a lawyer can’t be a writer? Our magician Shetty dabbles with both and with equal aplomb!
- Upasana Bhattacharjee– Our youngest writer is still a student, but that doesn’t reflect in the matured story she’s written dealing with inconclusive logics and paradoxes.
- Stuti Chandra – She writes because she’s alive. This lovely lady is from Patna and has dipped her nose in English Literature at Delhi.
- Shaily Bhargava– A photographer, a logophile and an Equity Technical Analyst – all in one.
- Arunav Chowdhury– He’s a movie buff and a news junkie rolled into one, who writes wonderful modern takes on the age old Mahabharat.
- Rafaa Dalvi – A Mumbaikar, an engineer, a blogger and a prolific writer. He’s already made his presence in three anthologies and likes to experiment with different genre.
- Diptee Raut– A quilter, blogger, quirky mom, an amazing writer &co-winner of Melonade’4.
- Abhishek Mukherjee – Have you read his blog posts yet? You have to read his humorous takes on Mythology to believe he’s the best.
- Anwesha Ray – An amazingly sensitive writer, she lives and works in Bangalore.
- Avishek Basu Mallick He’s the winner of Melonade’4. If you wish to laud him for more, he’s an engineer and an MBA, working in Bangalore and a featured writer on Sportskeeda
- Arijit Ghose Blend Carnatic music with exceptional satire and the result is Arijit Ghose.
- Amit Nangia For those working in MNCs for years, he’s your inspiration. Amit’s first novel has just released after facing many rejections but that didn’t deter him from writing.
- Sujata Parashar Author of the immensely popular ‘In Pursuit Of’ series & a wonderful poet.